We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
Sales & Marketing Operations:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
Management and leadership
- Communicates values, strategies, and objectives within the full organization
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Assigns accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Coordinates liaison between Sales & Marketing department and other related units
- Fosters a labour climate for offering information and opinions & providing educational opportunities.
Finance and Budget Management
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Engineering or Business Schools degree
- MBA in Sales & Marketing Management is a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- At least 5 years of experience in a Sales and Marketing senior position role, or equivalent, in the railways industry managing international customers or public transport administration
- Recognized as a Human leader and oriented to excellence
- Excellent negotiation skills with high level customers
- Deep knowledge of Spanish transport industry and its key actors
- Mastering marketing tools and methodologies
- High level of French being a strong advantage