Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Within our Life Sciences Consulting Services team, our Enabling Technology team provides innovative technology solutions to our Life Science practice areas. This support spans the entire lifecycle of Pharmaceutical R&D, including Drug Discovery, Translational Medicine, Pre-clinical, Clinical, Regulatory, CMC, BD&L, Portfolio, Competitive Intelligence, and post-market such as Pharmacovigilance. We are currently looking for a solution design and delivery manager to play a key role in the build-out of our Enabling Technologies team in Europe and to establish the architecture design, and policies for the next generation of Cortellis Cloud supporting our Consulting Services in Life Sciences. You are deeply experienced in Pharmaceutical R&D technology and IT solutions. You work with ease and fluency across the organization, collaborating with Development Engineers, Development Manager, Dev Ops, Testing, and with Solution Architects in the field to ideate and create compelling technology solutions for our customers. You are passionate about creating innovative solutions to problems not yet solved, applying your knowledge of content, technology and AI to design solutions that delight our customers. And you are eager to learn about Clarivate’s content, technology, and analytics to enhance both your knowledge and our platforms to delight our customers and grow our Consulting Services business.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Support Solution Architects, Solution Consultants, Practice Area Leaders, Sales, and Commercial Services functions to bid on new projects, providing design ideas that provide unique selling proposition for Clarivate and compelling solutions for customers.
- Act as a Sr. Business Analyst as well as a Technical Architect, listening to customer requirements to inform architecture design ideas, and providing technical guidance, and contributing to design, testing, and requirements documentation.
- Collaborate with the Development Manager, Manager of Development Operations, and Product Technology to develop sustainable, re-useable code base and services architecture that increasingly leverages Product Technology components and architecture to provide consistent and efficient technology solutions.
- Contribute to the long-term technical architecture strategy of Services, defining standards and working with Developers and DevOps to ensure standards are followed, evolving those standards with new technology evolution.
- Evangelize the technical architecture strategy and standards with all parts of the organization and with current and future customers to ensure adoption of the ideas, branding, and benefits it provides.
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure that ongoing projects are actively complying with the architecture policies and guiding software developers, Solutions Architects and Practice Area Leaders on the pros/cons of any trade-offs complying with the architecture policies.
- Provide inspiration to Solution Architects and Development Engineers by producing proof of concept code and UI that can then be used to seed and develop opportunities with customers, and as initial design for sales that are progressing in the pipeline.
- Have overall responsibility for delivery of assigned projects:
- Manage project teams of delivery consultants, data scientists, developers, and trainers.
- Act as a Product Owner for the solution being delivered, managing backlog, facilitating scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Promote the use of Agile across the team and beyond, by building a network with other Agile champions across the organization
- Follow and contribute to the team Quality Management Plan and standardized ways of working
Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, or Engineering (Master’s or PhD preferred) with up-to-date code best practices and strong software development skills, such as object-oriented coding and microservices architecture.
- 12+ years of working experience in Life Sciences.
- 5+ years performing Business Analyst requirements analysis, use case definition, requirements definition.
- 3+ years of SaaS development and delivery experience, ideally in a services organization using Agile Scrum.
- Highly self-motivated, creative thinker, problem-solver with ability to translate and ideate without direct instructions, collaborating with main market field-based staff to initiate and iterate on development without detailed requirements. Ability to provide direction to other developers while requirements are continuing to evolve and able to elaborate and contribute to the requirements and use case definition.
- A proven ability to lead by example, helping guide more Jr. developers and work as mentor by demonstrating solutions with examples and prior experiences.
- A strong desire and ability to deliver quality projects that delight customers.
- Track record and experience with Agile/SCRUM development practices, including continuous development and delivery in each Sprint.
- Effective communicator at all levels, excellent inter-personal skills, strong business focus.
Essential technical skills:
- Experience with cloud operations and application deployment, preferably AWS.
- Strong design and development experience with Java EE technologies.
- Strong design and development experience with SQL (preferable PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (RDF and Neo4j).
- Strong web application design and development experience with Angular, D3, Grails, Spring.
- Strong working knowledge of AI technologies and frameworks mainly in the area of NLP and bioinformatics.
- Configuration management: GitLab CI/CD, Gradle
- Issue tracking and SCRUM management: Atlassian JIRA (preferably with Zephyr plug-in)
- Technical skills that permit excellent communications, leadership and collaboration with full stack development, Dev Ops, and software development testing teams.
- Knowledge of R and R Shiny package
- UI/UX skills using Sketch and InVision for web application design
- Knowledge of waterfall project management methodologies (PMP, Prince2)
- Formal certification as a software or enterprise architect is a plus
What we can offer to you
- A start up culture/working environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large PE backed business
An opportunity to have a real impact on the global Life Sciences industry, and specifically how quickly drugs move from the Discovery stage through to Market Launch and commercialization
- 32 working days of vacation in 2020 (normally 30)
- Active volunteering community, with 16 paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- Agile work environment with a team of talented colleagues
- On-site language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Central office location in Barcelona (Next to Sagrada Familia) with global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)
- Free fresh fruit, coffee and tea
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.