Go further, faster and be #StrongerTogether! We are more successful together. This is why you have the opportunity to become a star in our team.
Our passion makes us a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. Our product portfolio addresses all crucial issues related to powertrain and air conditioning technology – both for e-mobility and vehicles with combustion engines. Today, more than 79,000 employees work on innovative products throughout 160 production locations and 16 major development centers. Our goal is to shape the mobility of tomorrow – let’s be #StrongerTogether. Join our team MAHLE.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- The position is part of the product engineering team developing the AC compressors for the automotive market. Current product teams are developing and producing a product portfolio consisting of variable displacement compressors and electrically driven compressors. Scope is development benches, durability benches, NVH and prototype
- Manage Capex
- Manage Safety
- Supervise the facility test technician and prototype resources
- Plan daily workload for all facility departments
- Work with Product Engineers and Program Managers to plan and forecast department workloads.
- Road map capacity utilization, shift pattern per the yearly capacity plan
- Diagnosis of test compressor/test bench issues
- Creative, diagnostic and innovative problem solving as applied to engineering test problems
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Develop road map for part flow implementation in the test facility
- Develop standard work with efficiency metrics
- Track and improve OE on the build and test facility
- Develop and Follow preventive maintenance plan
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing plants to insure product tests are conducted per specification
- Develop competency matrix
- Develop training plans
- Develop and coach technicians
- Recruit staffing per the growth need
- Supervisory responsibilities over the testing team
- Domestic/international travel with/without overnight stay may be required
Your Skills & Strengths
- BS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or higher
- Experience in operation of precision products for 5+ years
- Experienced in process equipment operation.
- Understanding of Principles of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, strengths of materials, thermodynamics, physics (mechanical and electrical) and engineering design
- 5 years Experienced in leading skilled teams
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral skills – ability to convey technical concepts
- Ability to manage time and organize effectively with multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good results orientation and strong work ethic
- Preferred: Laboratory labs management. High tech industry floor process management
- Fluent in English. Working-level second language skills is a plus. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to communicate effectively with peers, managers, and directors, and to present to groups of customers or employees of the organization. Values and considers the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties
- Ability to apply concepts and information typically taught during a four-year mechanical engineering course at university
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
As a team player and someone who thinks ahead, you can deploy all your skills with us. In cooperation with colleagues from different countries and areas, you contribute in designing the mobility of the future. When selecting MAHLE, you choose trend-setting technologies and strategies. Are you interested in working with us and developing efficient and environmentally-friendly solutions, optimising existing products, and turning innovative ideas into reality? Then MAHLE is the right address for you.
Shape the future with us.
Dual Group StrategyBased on our Dual Group Strategy, we are strengthening our market position and tackling future trends. Our motivation is to optimize existing technology and to break new ground – having one goal in mind: Mobility should be efficient, environmentally friendly and comfortable. Integrated system solutions for electro-mobility are just one of our priority areas.
We look forward to welcoming you!
MAHLE offers you an attractive international working environment. Our work is characterised by collegiality, flat hierarchies and personal responsibility. Apply now and join our team!
I see MAHLE as a strong global player, where people ultimately matter. Here I have the freedom to contribute my own ideas and to break new ground - and I pass that on to my team. At MAHLE, the task, and not hierarchy, always takes priority.
Jonathan Dörflinger More information
Here’s how to apply with us
Tips for your application