The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Project Engineering Manager (PrEM) / Bid Technical Manager (BTM)
Purpose of the Job
- The PrEM is the Engineering representative among project engineering core team inside the organization and in front of the customer, and has to manage the engineering core team to reach the project QCD commitment.
- When participating in a Tender as a BTM, he/she must lead and deliver the technical part of the offer corresponding to Platform Requirements, and according to Metier rules.
- He/She applies and promotes the Team, Trust & Action values of the company
- Ensure product fulfils all customer contractual technical & performance requirements as well as Alstom internal technical strategy for the product (standardisation level, manufacturability, cost, etc).
- QCD Engineering commitment for a given project.
- Organise and lead all internal Design Reviews, as well as the associated actions raised during the reviews that must be tracked in the ESLI (Engineering Single List of Issues).
- Managing Project (or R&D or Sustaining) Engineering activities by delivering Engineering Work Package in compliance with the Engineering QCD commitment.
- Representing Engineering among project core team and manages interfaces with PrXMs and other PrEMs of Leading/Participating Units.
- In front of customer to provide global view of design progress, issues, risks. For detailed technical discussions, PrEM must delegate to the right person (TSE, Expert).
- In front of partners in case of consortium: PrEM ensures that the inputs/outputs and design reviews are in-time, with the right quality level.
- Providing to his/her management regular reporting and performance analysis (PrEM cockpit)
- Defining and makes applied the Engineering Management Plan.
- Managing functionally the project engineering core team (TxEs, RAMS, CV) and their commitment for the project.
- Providing to workload manager regular updates on project engineering firm workload including forecasted internal and external change orders, based on inputs from Métiers team. Challenges inputs.
- Managing the Global Scheduling Convergence, with support of Engineering Planning Manager.
- Escalating to Métiers/SED staffing issues (under-staffing, competences, subcontracting problems, under performance).
- Manages the Engineering RAMP (Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plan) of the project.
- Approving, as a member of CCB (Change & Configuration Board), applicable modifications on product, and updates QCD accordingly. Together with TSE, responsible for applicable configuration.
- Managing the Operational Quality to improve Project execution, with support of Engineering Quality Manager.
- Animates Engineering issues of Engineering Single List of Issues and is responsible for having C1/C2 issues closed in time (Safety and Performance impact issues).
- Is responsible for engineering points within DFQ Gate Review checklists, provides to PM/SSM/PrEM Manager his prognostic and puts in place necessary actions to mitigate a No Go risk.
- Managing, communicating and escalating on critical paths linked to Engineering:
- To Métiers Managers / PrEM Manager / Site Engineering Director for internal Engineering issues
- To PM/SSM when other entities are implicated
Contributor for :
- Managing and sharing the Return on Experience of his/her activities with the SED
- Proposing improvements on his/her Domain process and tools defined by the SED
Responsibilities (Specific when acting as a BTM)
- Manages Tender Engineering activities by delivering all technical documentation, with the adequate level of quality, in respect of global target cost, tender budget and planning.
- Identifies technical gaps with reference library / reference solution / past projects and produces the bid documentation in accordance with Platform and metiers requirements.
- Identifies technical risks, and ensures they are covered by dedicated action plan agreed by Platform and Metiers.
- Manages the interfaces with Tender core team and ensures Engineering internal interfaces.
- Collects and prepares all necessary data to build Rolling Stock and Components Engineering commitment, and challenges contributors to improve it. Gets the validation of Bid Technical Director and Bid Manager on those data recorded in the Engineering assumption pack.
Knowledge & Experience
- Engineering technical background, with global knowledge of Rolling Stock products.
- Demonstrated skills in Management of technical teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Engineering Manager in the Railway Industry
- Agility and used to work with diversity.
- Fluent in English, both speak and written.
• Functional Management: From 10 to 200 people
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry