The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
Purpose of the Job
- Drive project / program execution, to maximize the results with respect to cash and margin whilst delivering on time, in conformity with the contract / Program Charter according to Customer / Platform expectations and the requirements on EHS.
- Constantly seek and propose to the Customer Director / Platform additional opportunities in the frame of the contract / Program Charter; ensures Alstom Transport legal and contractual rights are protected.
- Plan and manage the complete execution of his/her scope from transfer to close out, in line with Contract / Program Charter requirements.
- Lead a Project Team, including Core Team and when applicable internal and external partners Project Managers in line with the project structure.
- Perform project management and contract administration according to Alstom Project Management Manual, including proactive risk and opportunity management, and in full compliance with e-book rules (in particular e-book 2 on E&C).
- Ensure completion of Project / Program Performance goals to meet business objectives and customer /Platform satisfaction.
- For Projects: Responsible and accountable for the Project Profit and Loss; For Programs: Respect the budgets and QCD objectives defined during PAB.
- Represent Alstom towards Customers and when applicable external stakeholders (Consortium, JV …).
- Ensure optimal quality of project/program execution and reviews.
- Ensure that critical aspects are identified in reviews and proactively / professionally addressed and followed up.
- Make sure that key project stakeholders are aligned toward project/program goals.
- EHS: Accountable for the proper implementation of the Alstom policy and Customer / Platform requirements by all stakeholders (internal & external) including suppliers and contractors.
- Report to senior management, with transparency, the situation of the project / program and its KPIs, during the business/sector project reviews or PRB.
Knowledge & Experience
- Project management background level depending on the complexity of the Project/Program.
- Good knowledge of railway products and systems.
- Conflict management and interpersonal skills.
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills
- Communication abilities to obtain collaboration from the matrix organisation involved in the project.
- ALSTOM way of working for efficient process execution, • Leadership, initiative and decision minded.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry