Medical Positions Barcelona/Home Office , Spain
Telemedicine Clinic (TMC) pioneered teleradiology services in Europe when it was founded in 2002 and has since become a vital partner for more than 120 radiology departments in the UK, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. In November 2017 TMC has become part of Unilabs , a leading European provider of clinical laboratory testing and medical diagnostic.
More and more European hospitals are realising the advantages of managing their reading capacity in a network with TMC and over the past four years, we have had an average annual growth of 25 percent. This year our team of more than 300 highly- specialised radiologists will report more than 500,000 cases, making a significant positive impact on the life of patients and hospital staff. In addition to our radiology reporting service, TMC offers pathology reporting services, IT-infrastructure, and software to its hospital clients, as well as training for radiologists (TMC Academy).
Besides this decent track record, we like to think that what´s most special about TMC is its culture. Many people say that TMC has the feel of a thriving start-up and they are surprised at how kind and caring we are when dealing with each other and our business partners. If you are interested, you can learn more about our culture in our TMC Culture Book .
Presently, we are looking for full-time Neuro, MSK or Body radiologists eligible to work in Sweden, Denmark, Norway or the UK interested in relocating to our headquarter offices in Barcelona, Spain or working remotely from a location of your choice.
If you can answer the following questions with a resounding “yes” then it is very likely that you will enjoy working with us and you should read to the end of this ad.
- Do you love your profession and care deeply about the health of your patients?
- Are you ready to move to a new country and explore a new culture such as Barcelona, Spain, a thriving, Mediterranean city that offers everything you can hope for?
- Or maybe you want to live and work in your favourite city or wherever your life’s circumstances require you to be with a full flexibility over your schedule?
- Do you want to further specialise and develop an expert reputation in Neuro, MSK or Body radiology?
- Do you want to escape from the stress and bureaucracy of a public hospital?
- Would you like to work for a modern healthcare organisation, staffed with exceptional talent and first-class technology?
- Do you want to significantly increase your salary, well above the pay levels of public hospitals?
- Do you want to become part of a large international community of highly experienced radiologists?
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
We require that candidates meet the following requirements, so we can deliver the highest quality service to our patients:
- Be a medical doctor with a specialist degree in diagnostic radiology
- Have worked for at least 2 to 3 years as a specialist, ideally with some degree of sub-specialisation in the Neuro, MSK or Body radiology
- Be registered as radiologist with the Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or UK authorities (or can obtain this registration)
- Be able to report in the language of any of those countries
- Have a good command of English (since this is our working language)
Our recruiting process consists of a formal application, in which we evaluate a candidate’s CV and, if a candidate meets our criteria, move on to a phone interview. The next step in the process is a visit to our headquarters in Barcelona for further interviews and to report on approximately 20 standardised test cases, as well as rigorous reference checks with prior managers and/or colleagues who can attest to your competence and work ethic.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We promise to make every effort to make your time with TMC a professionally stimulating, gratifying and enjoyable experience. This is what you can expect from us:
- The time of your life. Living and working in Barcelona will be a fascinating experience that will enrich your live and create long lasting memories. Barcelona is a modern city with great Mediterranean flair, a wide cultural offer, a large variety of outdoors activities and a mild and sunny climate all year long. And it does not have to be for a lifetime. We would love to have you for longer stays, but even periods of only 6 months are possible.
- More time for the important things in life. If Barcelona is not an option for you TMC allows you to work full-time from the comfort of your home, with full flexibility over your schedule anywhere in the world. All we need is a good internet connection at your new place. This allows you to dedicate precious time to your loved ones, pursuit your hobbies or for example study a new subject.
- An attractive income and benefits. The base salary for full-time radiologists can be significantly higher than average salaries at public hospitals. In addition, if you decide to relocate to Spain TMC offers generous benefit packages which include return flights, initial accommodation, and help from a relocation agency with a housing search, schooling and administrative paperwork. For longer stays costs for spouses and children are also covered.
- An opportunity to specialise. As a full-time radiologist you will become a part of one of our sub-specialised Neuro, MSK or Body sections. This allows you to specialise in the modalities, organs or disease types of your interest and develop deep expert knowledge. You will also benefit from the extensive knowledge sharing activities within our group of more than 200 senior specialists.
- Stay in the game. If you are retired, a period working with TMC in Spain or remotely from home is also a wonderful opportunity to stay connected with the profession you love.
- Peace of mind. We are confident that you will be impressed by TMC’s quality standards. Strict clinical governance and internal/external audits allow us to achieve a reporting quality that is setting new standards in European health care systems. Over the years these high quality standards have generated a great respect for our work within the Scandinavian and European radiology community. Having worked with TMC is considered an enrichment of a radiologist’s career.
THE KIND OF COMPANY WE ARE
TMC is a challenging workplace with a diverse and very international team. We are friendly, dynamic and non-hierarchical, and culture is one that encourages helping others in the group. While we work hard and tackle medical challenges every day, we also make sure to keep our balance and not only enjoy our work, but also our families, friends and activities outside of TMC.
Apart from making a living, people at TMC come to work every day, because they want to make a difference in people’s health. In the end, everything we do is focused on diagnosing people’s medical issues quickly and correctly. This is what drives us.
We are quite particular about how we do things at TMC and hold up the following five core values:
- Uncompromising quality and care in all medical matters
- Gaining evermore expertise by learning and sharing knowledge generously
- Setting new standards through experimentation and innovation
- Caring and respectful collaboration across departments, borders and cultures
- Going the extra mile and having fun
These values determine our behaviour and guide us in our decision making. If you respect and demonstrate these values in your daily work, you will be a good fit for the company.
As a full-time radiologist, you will become a member of our Neuro, MSK or Body section and report directly to the head of that section.
To submit your application, click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of this page.
If this offer does not correspond to your interests, please check out our other openings .
You have been redirected to a Telemedicine Clinic job page