Our client is the world’s largest online travel company in the flight sector and the largest publicly traded European e-commerce company by profitability with more than 14 million customers in 43 countries worldwide is looking for a Technical Team Leader to join their Architecture Team within the engineering area based in Barcelona, Spain.
Ideal candidate must be passionate about innovation, proficient in conveying technical concepts, and motivated by new challenges.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering or similar.
- Strong Java design and development skills, with at least 4 years’ experience in Java analysis, design and development for high performance applications.
- Deep knowledge of the following technologies: JEE, JBoss, Oracle.
- Experience with Apache Storm would be a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra or other NoSQL technologies would be plus.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Prior experience in tourism sector would be a plus.
Reporting to the Chief Architect his/her main responsibilities will be:
- Design and develop scalable software systems, prepared to operate under heavy load conditions.
- Drive investigation and deployment of new technologies to tackle our always increasing needs and challenges.
- Define and spread development best practices.
- Lead and manage a small focused team of developers, including objectives assessment, assignment of resources to tasks, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams.
If you are interested please send us your updated resume + indication of availability and salary expectation.